Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one is great for pot-luck dinners or anytime you need to feed a large group as it serves about 24.
- 1 lb bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic, dry,flaked
- 2 (16 ounce) cans lima beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans, with liquid
- Brown bacon, hamburger and onions, and drain off excess fat.
- Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, dry mustard and garlic flakes; add to meat mixture and mix well.
- Place in a buttered 6 quart baking container, and bake 1 hour at 350*F.
I added 1 pound of mild sausage and 2 cans of Rotel, Plus 1 more pork and beans. Oh I used green Lima beans for some color. Took to to a Memorial Day party and everyone was saying how great it is! Thanks for the recipe
I wasn't as impressed with this recipe as the other two reviews were- this didn't seem to be so much a casserole as it was a thick, sweet-tasting chili. We had to serve it in bowls with spoons. The kids (seven of them) ate it all, though, so I won't say it was bad, I just don't think it is a keeper.
Made this tonight for my family of three. Lots of leftovers but that is ok because we loved it! Will use it as a sidedish tomorrow. This would never serve 24 the way it tastes, just loved it! Thanks Trisha W