Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This was an experimental recipe derived from Shepards Pie which turned out to be really delicious but it's also very rich so watch out.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown Ground Chuck and drain.
- Add salt and set aside.
- Thinly slice Baked Potatoes and spread in a 9x11 inch shallow baking pan (prefferably glass).
- Melt butter and Garlic Salt in a frying pan and add the Mushrooms.
- Saute Mushrooms for 5 minutes or until they're tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix Mushrooms, Sour Cream and Milk together and spread on top of Potatoes.
- Open and drain Canned Corn and sprinkle on top of Sour Cream mixture.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese on top of Corn.
- Sprinkle Groud Chuck on top of Mozzarella.
- Finish by sprinkling the Colby Cheese on top of Ground Chuck.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is brown on top.
- Variations: Omit the sauteed Mushrooms and substitute Mashed Potatoes for Baked Potatoes.
I tried this recipe it was very easy to put together. Its one of those recipes were you should have the ingredents on hand.
The family gave it a thumbs up. We will make it again
This was great and DH loved it! The Family Circus (the kids) didn't like it as well, but they are in a strange eating mode at the moment. I took the advise of others and I lowered the calories. They couldn't tell the difference...lol. This is a keeper! Thanks so much.
So good and easy. Only thing I did different was to saute onions, bell pepper and spices with the ground beaf. I thought the recipe called for baking potatoes, then I noticed it is BAKED potatoes, well I had to throw them in the microwave and bake them that way, next time I will know to bake them ahead of time. I definately will be making this again!