Recipe by Batta
The perfect quick and easy meal! With Kraft Dinner being one of the main ingredients it will be a sure hit for every kid!
Top Review by Ilysse
No leftovers! Mike ate most of it himself. I made a few changes, nothing drastic tho. Rather than peas and carrots I used a can of mixed veggies since they were on sale, I also used fresh minced garlic and Italian bread crumbs. I think this would be good with any veggies you choose. I think I'll try different kinds as they go on sale. Also, I was not sure if I should prepare the mac & chz with milk and butter or not but decided to take another reviewer's advice and not add it. This was fine, I think the sour cream and soup is enough. I also used the low fat soup and sour cream and did not top with grated cheese. I topped with the breadcrumbs and placed it in the oven for about 30 - 40 min and then broiled just to brown the bread crumbs a bit more. Great easy meal with ingredients that I usually have on hand. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 package lean beef
- 1 box macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1 can peas
- 1 grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- garlic powder
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- cook and drain lean beef (add garlic powder and salt while cooking).
- cook kraft dinner according to package instructions and add cheese pouch.
- stir in sour cream, soup, grated carrots, peas and lean beef.
- put into casserole dish and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- top with cheese and bread crumbs and bake another 20 minutes.