Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Just for the two of you.
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
- Combine potatoes, margarine, salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 8-inch square baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Brown hamburger with the onion then drain.
- Mix the Worcestershire sauce, milk, egg and cornstarch together and stir into the meat mixture.
- Pour mixture over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
I wanted to try something different for breakfast. So I found this recipe posted by CharlotteJ. The only 2 additions that I made was the peppers and I replaced the cheese with Velveeta with a Colby and Monterey jack cheese blend.
Thanks for posting.
I used frozen hash browns with green peppers, and browned them before putting them in the pan. 3/4 of the family liked it very much. There's really no hope for the five-year-old, so his opinion was not tendered. I think that I'll increase the amount of "sauce" in the future, the dish was rather dry. (That might be due to my pre-cooking of the fozen taters) but tasty nonetheless.
Great recipe. I added onions to the potatoes and garlic to the meat. Next time I am going to brown the potatoes a little before I complete the recipe. But I was terrific. I love the worcstershire mix added to the beef. Wonderful flavor