Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice hearty soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 4 small green peppers, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Lightly brown beef just until red has disappeared.
- Skim fat from skillet.
- Separately, sauté green pepper, onion, carrot, celery and garlic in oil for about 10 minutes until softened.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and beef.
- Simmer 1 hour.
I added 1/2 cup long grain rice the last 20 minutes of cooking. A great winter soup.
Easy to make and both my wife and I enjoyed very much.I thought that much green pepper might be overwhelming but not at all