Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, easy recipe I have been making for years...Do not remember where I got this recipe...
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
- Brown hamburg with onion and garlic and mushrooms.
- Drain off fat.
- Add soup and sour cream, simmer on low heat for 20 minutes -- do not let it boil.
- Serve over hot noodles.
To add more flavor, I like to add about 1/4-1/2 tsp. nutmeg and a dash to 1/8 tsp. of allspice after draining the fat, and just before adding the soup and sour cream. Leftover mashed won't taste like leftovers with this. Try it (or fresh mashed) instead of noodles.
An easy dish to put together. Very tasty, too! I lightened it up a bit by using ground turkey and low-fat sour cream, and Campbell's Healthy Request soup. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
this is very quick & easy & it makes alot. I added ranch dressing & sharp cheddar cheese to spice it up as it was a little bit bland.