Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Do you want to get fancy and make your own rolls for the cookout? These are very good and your guests will like them. It makes about 20 rolls.
- 6 -7 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup dry nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 2 cups very warm tap water (115-120 degrees)
- In a very large mixing bowl of your mixer put 2 cups flour, dry milk, sugar, salt, and undissolved dry yeast.
- Add the butter.
- Gradually add the tap water to the above and beat 2 minutes on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup flour and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in additional flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead 100 times till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl; cover, and let rise till double, about 45-60 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise again to less than doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; and each half, cut into 10 equal pieces.
- Form each piece into a smooth, round ball.
- Place on greased sheet about 2" apart; press to flatten a little.
- Cover and let rise till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till done.