Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Do you want to get fancy and make your own rolls for the cookout? These are very good and your guests will like them. It makes about 20 rolls.
- 6 -7 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup dry nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup soft butter
- 2 cups very warm tap water (115-120 degrees)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large mixing bowl of your mixer put 2 cups flour, dry milk, sugar, salt, and undissolved dry yeast.
- Add the butter.
- Gradually add the tap water to the above and beat 2 minutes on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add 3/4 cup flour and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in additional flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and knead 100 times till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl; cover, and let rise till double, about 45-60 minutes.
- Punch down and let rise again to less than doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; and each half, cut into 10 equal pieces.
- Form each piece into a smooth, round ball.
- Place on greased sheet about 2" apart; press to flatten a little.
- Cover and let rise till doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or till done.