Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very basic (but a family favorite) recipe. There are many variations to this but I have stuck to Grandma's recipe for the Zaar. Good on a cold winters night or any time at all! Simple and Easy! Enjoy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 -6 large potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 whole onion (diced)
- 6 -8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 3⁄4 full pot water
- boil water.
- add bouillon.
- fry beef into large chunks ( leave just browned ) drain grease.
- and everything to the pot.
- cook for 1/2 hour on low- med heat.
- You can crockpot this as well. It will be even better. (low all day).