Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spicy meat sauce is equally delicious served over rice, mashed potatoes or pasta. It's quick and easy, and reheats well. I got the original recipe from another website and made several changes to it to suit our family.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Brown and drain ground beef, onion and garlic.
- Add liquid from canned tomatoes [reserve tomatoes].
- Add green pepper, celery, paprika, salt and cayenne.
- Heat to boil, then cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Blend flour with 1/4 cup cold water. Add to meat mixture gradually. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add reserved tomatoes and heat through.
- Serve over pasta, rice or potatoes.
- Note -- this reheats well. It thickens with standing.
This meal was alright. I made over pasta. I think the next time it would be better with rice. It is tasty. Thank you for the idea.
I was looking for a new way to prepare hamburg and came across this recipe. I made it with mashed potatoes and it was really good. I think I will add some Cajun seasoning next time. We like our food spicy!