Recipe by Iron Bloomers
This is an early 1960's recipe. Makes a hearty casserole in little or no time. Can be doubled easily. Step up the chili powder a bit if you like.
Top Review by Laudee
Holy Moly, this is a good casserole. Very easy to mix up and bake. Pretty darn quick to the table. I used frozen corn as I was out of the canned, but it worked just fine. Great comfort food, Barb. YUM! Laudee
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 354.88 ml canned corn
- 473.18 ml canned tomatoes
- 354.88 ml seasoned stuffing mix
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml melted margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet adding chopped onion about half way through.
- Drain meat of all fat and place in 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Mix in seasonings, tomatoes and corn.
- In a bowl combine stuffing mix, water and margarine.
- Spread stuffing over meat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes.