Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
That is the name someone gave it, but it is not really a casserole. It is a topping for mashed potato, or a baked potato, or even rice. It is very simple but very tasty. As far as I know, Campbells is the only one who makes this soup and I can't find it everywhere. I know that Wal-Mart has it (at least here in this area). When I find it I always buy about 8 cans so I will have it when I want it.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup (Campbells makes this)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Fry the chopped onion in a little fat till mostly done.
- Add the hamburg and fry till done, breaking up into pieces.
- Add the soup, mustard, catsup, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve over mashed potato, etc.
This was very quick and easy to make. I used 1/4 tsp pepper in this and buttered my baked potato before adding the topping and DH added a bit of cheese on his. I only made one potato for each person, so we finished off the extra topping sloppy joe-style. Very good both ways. Thanks.
This is an excellent recipe that I have used for years as my sloppy joe recipe. Now I have a new way to use it.Thanks for showing me a new way Mimi.Mke