Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
This is my mom's take on a sandwich that is served at Steak Escape. She used to make these as a quck mid-week dinner. Can't eat them anymore cuz I'm a veggie, but there's no reason YOU shouldn't enjoy this!
- 1 lb chip bone ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ham to the skillet and chop up into fine pieces while cooking.
- Add the pineapple to the skillet and heat through.
- Divide the ham and pineapple up over the four hamburger buns or hoagie rolls.
- Top the sandwiches with cheese.
- Place the sandwiches in an oven safe dish and heat under the broiler for just a couple minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top with mayo, lettuce, and tomato to taste.