Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mom's take on a sandwich that is served at Steak Escape. She used to make these as a quck mid-week dinner. Can't eat them anymore cuz I'm a veggie, but there's no reason YOU shouldn't enjoy this!
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ham to the skillet and chop up into fine pieces while cooking.
- Add the pineapple to the skillet and heat through.
- Divide the ham and pineapple up over the four hamburger buns or hoagie rolls.
- Top the sandwiches with cheese.
- Place the sandwiches in an oven safe dish and heat under the broiler for just a couple minutes until the cheese melts.
- Top with mayo, lettuce, and tomato to taste.
I love the hambrosia sandwich. This is a great variation for home. Thanks for sharing!
This sandwich has become one of my favorite quick and easy recipes. My family loves them.
I don't know if it's fair for me to rate this recipe because I made mine a lot different than this, but this recipe was definitely the basis for what I did - I would have never had this idea otherwise! I made mine in a tortilla with deli-sliced ham. I warmed up the ham and one of those individually-sized containers of pineapple (drained) in the microwave and then wrapped the ham, pineapple, swiss cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato up. It was very good! I loved the flavor combination. Thanks for submitting!