Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Do you have to make something for a pot luck party? These are always a hit...never fails. Kids love èm, too!! You can serve them as a snack food, just stick tooth-picks in then. Or fix rice, and serve as a main dish. Recipe comes from my aunt. It makes one pan full....usually about 30 hamballs, but that depends on how big you make them.
- 1 lb ground ham
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork, unseasoned
- 1 large eggs or 2 small eggs
- 2 cups unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Sauce to have over hamballs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup water
- Mix all the ingredients for the hamballs together.
- Form into small balls, about the size of walnuts.
- Place closely together in a 9 X 13 " baking dish.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over hamballs.
- Bake for 1 hours 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Serve warm.