1/3 Photos of Hambalaya Cornbread
This delicious cornbread is laced with sausage and ham. It is practically a meal in itself. It is great to make with leftover ham and sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, sauté green pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda and salt.
- 3In another bowl, combine eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4Fold in the ham, sausage and green pepper mixture.
- 5Transfer to a greased 10-inch ovenproof skillet or 9-inch square baking pan.
- 6Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 7Serve warm.
- 8Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hambalaya Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.3 mg
- Sodium 524.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 16.4 g