1/1 Photo of Hamantaschen-Cookies (Haman's Hats)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hamantaschen are the traditional cookies of Purim, a festive holiday on the Jewish calendar.
- 2Grease cookie sheets.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- 4Add sugar, orange peel and margarine; beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- 5Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 6Add flour; mix well.
- 7Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 1/2 hours for easier handling.
- 8Heat oven to 350°F.
- 9On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/4 of dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 10Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- 11Cut with floured 3-inch round cookie cutter.
- 12Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheets.
- 13Spoon heaping teaspoonful poppy seed filling on center of each circle. Moisten edges of dough circles with water.
- 14Shape into triangles as shown in diagram, folding 3 sides in without completely covering filling; pinch corners to seal.
- 15Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- 16Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamantaschen-Cookies (Haman's Hats)
Serving Size: 1 (1420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 50.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 1.6 g