Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I really don't know how long it takes to make this.
- 1 lb fully cooked boneless ham, in 2 pieces
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Strip rind off half of the orange with a vegetable peeler, removing only outer orange part and avoiding the bitter white skin between rind and flesh.
- Slice rind into shreds and set aside.
- Cut orange in half and squeeze juice from both halves.
- Combine the shredded orange rind, juice, jelly and allspice, mix well.
- Set to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir in and reduce heat.
- Cook for about 1 minute stirring frequently.
- Stir in raisins and set the sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, cut edge of the ham steak.
- Place ham in a shallow baking pan and cover loosely with wax paper to prevent spattering while allowing moisture to escape.
- Set to high heat for 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Drain fat from baking pan and take out ham and place on platter.
- Top with raisin sauce and serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.