Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I make this when my very large family all get together. Always a favorite with them.
Top Review by Nevdiliel
I tweaked it a little, but overall, great recipe. I used a full 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, cut the brown sugar to 1/2 cup, and omitted the cornstarch/water mixture, since it didn't seem necessary. The sauce was still very sweet, and I feel like it would have been way too sweet with a full cup of brown sugar. Just our personal preference though. I might use more prepared mustard next time, just to diversify the flavor a little. Thanks for posting!
- 6 lbs boneless ham (fully cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 1/4 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140°F and ham is heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, and pineapple.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into pineapple sauce.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with the ham.