Prep 35 mins
Cook 7 mins
Taken from a Healthy Meals in Minutes card. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 lb reduced sodium lean ham steak
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- To prepare mustard sauce, in a small dish, combine mustard, brown sugar, honey, pepper and rosemary, mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of sauce.
- Add ham steaks to sauce in dish, turning to coat.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place ham steaks on a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Broil ham steaks 4in from heat, turning once until browned and heated through, about 7 minutes.
Made this to go along with scrambled eggs for breakfast when we had overnight company & it was great! I think the mustard sauce is what made the entire meal OUTSTANDING & the recipe a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
This is great! Ham, mustard, and brown sugar just belong together. My dad always made a very tasty sauce for ham with plain yellow mustard and brown sugar, but the Dijon mustard, honey, and rosemary in this recipe really add something. We made this on the grill rather than under the broiler. A great easy meal for a busy weeknight! Thanks.