Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook. I'm trying to get some of the recipes up here before I have to return the book to the library AGAIN. If anyone tries it, please let me know how you like it!
- 1 (1 -1 1/4 lb) fully cooked ham steaks, cut 1/2-inch thick or 1 lb Canadian bacon, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash ground allspice
- Cut ham into 4 serving portions. In large skillet, saute ham in butter about 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove ham from skillet, keep warm.
- While ham is cooking, drain pineapple, reserving juice. In small bowl, combine juice, 57 sauce, honey, mustard, cornstarch and allspice. Pour mixture into skillet and cook until thickened.
- Return ham to skillet. Top with each ham portion with pineapple slice and spoon sauce over; heat through.