Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ham steak with colorful peppers, celery, and onion
- 1 lb fully cooked ham steak, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup yellow pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- In a large skillet, Saute the ham, peppers, onion, celery and carrot in butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp/tender. Sprinkle with flour and pepper. Gradually whisk in milk and bouillon until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Easy and delicious. A great way to use leftover ham. Nice crunchy veggies and a mild creamy sauce..not very thick, though. The kids and I had it over rice, and my husband had it over mashed potatoes. Good either way.