Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A simple dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon. It is high in sodium, if you're watching your sodium intake.
- 1 slice ham, center cut, 1-inch thick
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1⁄3 cup no-sugar-added apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim the fat from the edge of the ham slice, if necessary.
- Place the ham slice on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch or arrowroot powder and water.
- Stir in the apricot jam, brown sugar, wine, and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the blueberries and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the ham and serve.
- Exchanges: Very Lean Meat Exchange -- 4 Fruit Exchange -- 1 Fat Exchange -- 1/2 Calories -- 224 Calories from Fat -- 56 Total Fat -- 6g Saturated Fat -- 2g Cholesterol -- 60mg Sodium -- 1463mg Carbohydrate -- 12g Dietary Fiber -- 1g Sugars -- 9g Protein -- 27g.