A simple dish from the American Diabetes Association that we hope to try soon. It is high in sodium, if you're watching your sodium intake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Trim the fat from the edge of the ham slice, if necessary.
- 3Place the ham slice on a rack in a shallow baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch or arrowroot powder and water.
- 5Stir in the apricot jam, brown sugar, wine, and lemon juice.
- 6Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 6 minutes until the sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- 7Stir in the blueberries and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- 8Spoon the sauce over the ham and serve.
- 9Exchanges: Very Lean Meat Exchange -- 4 Fruit Exchange -- 1 Fat Exchange -- 1/2 Calories -- 224 Calories from Fat -- 56 Total Fat -- 6g Saturated Fat -- 2g Cholesterol -- 60mg Sodium -- 1463mg Carbohydrate -- 12g Dietary Fiber -- 1g Sugars -- 9g Protein -- 27g.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham With Blueberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.7
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 45.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added apricot jam