1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
T. Woolfe's Note:
This was one of those "I wonder what if" things. Those cherries needed useing. I had the ham slice in the freezer from the last batch of D, BTAGBeans. I buy a shank end and get my butcher friend to saw a couple super thick slices off then the shank goes into the bean pot. All in all it was tasty and moist. Didn't sandwich bad either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put rum in small pot and heat on stove over low heat.
- 2HAVE A LONG HANDLED LIGHTER IN HAND AND NOTHING ABOVE THE POT.
- 3Spark lighter over pot as soon as it warms.
- 4THIS IS GONNA FLAME-- EXPECT IT!
- 5As soon as the flames begin to die, add the Cherries.
- 6Let it reduce and add the brown sugar.
- 7Let it reduce some more while you place the trimmed slice in a roaster, I use a big cast iron skillit.
- 8Stick your remote probe thermometer, YOU DO HAVE ONE DONCHA, long way in the thickest part of the slice.
- 9Scrape the cherry glop on top and drizzle the remaining juice over the yams.
- 10Put uncovered in a 240 slow oven till the internal temp is 150 degrees F.
- 11This will take a while so baste it with the juice every half hour or so.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for HAM what was
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: