Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pretty, tasty afternoon tea sandwiches.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon English mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices whole meal bread
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 1 bunch watercress
- Mix together the cream cheese and the mustard and season with salt and pepper. Add extra mustard for a more fiery flavour; however, it's probably best to have a mild mustard flavour for afternoon tea.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the 8 slices of bread and place the ham on top of Divide the watercress into small sprigs and place on top.
- Finish with the remaining slices of bread, trim off the crusts and cut each into 3 fingers. Serve on a pretty plate with some extra sprigs of watercress.
I can't believe I forgot to review these! I made this for as a snack for football game. The whole plate was gone in a matter of minutes! I used a multigrain bread with nuts and seeds. This has become one of my favorite little sandwiches!