Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Quick, easy, and a real kid pleaser.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ground ham
- Combine flour, soda, salt, and sugar; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, buttermilk, and margarine; mix well and add to flour mixture. Add ham and stir well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into batter.
- Bake in preheated waffle iron until done.