Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup of grated cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, chopped
- Add all the dry ingredients and sift.
- Beat the egg yolks and add them to the milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ones.
- Add your melted butter.
- Add the chopped ham.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and add them to the batter just before making.
- Preheat the waffle iron for 2 minutes.
- Add batter, cook and enjoy!
Definitely a repeater! This made a great dinner waffle! DH won't eat breakfast food for dinner but this fit the bill (He obviously didn't grow up in PA Dutch Country) I had a bunch of extra ham and some shredded cheddar cheese. I used a bit extra of each so the waffles wouldn't be too "breakfast-y". They cooked up beautifully. Thanks for posting!
Makes a very good, crispy waffle. The savory cheese and ham in the batter makes 'em great for waffle-wiches. I think if you used sausage like Jellyqueen, they'd be good with gravy over 'em, too! I reheated leftovers from frozen in the toaster for easy breakfast on the go, too. (you might have to go two cycles in the toaster - just use your own judgement) Made for Freezer Tag 2008.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! I love these. I will confess to using browned ground sausage. I had that on hand, but it was wonderful. I do want to try it with the ham, but I just can't see this getting any better. I will made these often. Great recipe for "just the 2 of us".