Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Incredibly easy and equally satisfying. I loved this as a kid growing up and is our kid's often requested dinner.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 12 ounces ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups celery, thin sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Saute onion and celery in margarine in large skillet until tender.
- Add soup, dill, mustard and sour cream til blended, then add diced ham and simmer for 5 min.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This was a WONDERFULLY easy recipe that I grabbed last minute. It really does take only about 10 minutes to make and it tastes excellent. You end up with a creamy white sauce with a bit of a zip to it. I made it exactly as written, and maybe the only thing I would change next time is to add more onions, but only because I love 'em. Definately a keeper on this one. Thanks for posting Kent!
My family loves this dish. Great use for leftover ham. My recipe calls for 2 TBSP dry white wine and 1/3 cup pimentos.
Easy, quick and tasty. Maybe a little more zip would be nice, but I like things spicy. The kids ate it up.