Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a local cookbook. A quick, easy weeknight supper. You can use regular potatoes too, just peel & cube them. Cook time is about the same.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh green beans or 2 cups frozen green beans
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped and cooked ham
- black pepper
- seasoning salt or table salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet (electric skillet works great).
- Add potatoes & beans.
- Season with pepper & seasoning salt to your liking.
- Saute until fork tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add ham, cook 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese & let stand until melted.
This was so quick and easy with great flavor! I decreased this to 2 servings and served as a side dish, but will be making it as a main meal! I used fresh green beans, leftover baked ham from Easter and seasoned with season salt and fresh cracked pepper. Made for Spring PAC 2013.