Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is a recipe to make two ways. In foil wraps/packets in the oven or in a 9x13-inch pan with cover. You can make this ahead and then put in the oven. Use turkey also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices baked ham (thin slices) or 8 slices roasted turkey (thin slices)
- 8 slices of large fresh tomatoes (thin slices)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 teaspoon horseradish cream, spread
- 1In bowl mix margarine, mayonnaise, dry mustard, salt, celery seed and horseradish spread.
- 2Brush on olive oil on one side of each toast slice.
- 3Place oiled side down in 12x12 foil square or 9x13 pan. Note: Make 8 - 12 inch by 12 inch foil squares,.
- 4Spread about 1 1/2 tsps of mayonnaise mixture on each toast in foil square or pan.
- 5Add one slice of ham and one slice of tomato, then 1 tsp mayonnaise mixture. Go to the next toast and and add slice of ham and one slice of tomato then 1 tsp mayonnaise mixture. Do it on all slices down.
- 6Top with slice of toast oiled side down.
- 7Push down with your hand.
- 8In saucepan, heat margarine and add flour and salt; whisk.
- 9Add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and it is starting to thicken.
- 10Divide equally among the sandwiches and spoon on the top.
- 11Preheat oven 350°F.
- 12Fold foil over to make a packet.
- 13Cover the pan.
- 14Heat 25 to 30 minutes. Serve foil packets individually.
- 15Use spatula to serve from 9x13-inch pan.
- 16Use knife and fork to eat.
- 17If you make ahead, add cheese sauce right before putting in the oven. Allow extra time in the oven if refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham & Tomato Sandwich Bake With Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.8
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 1598.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: