Recipe by pharmd14
Something my Mom passed on to me. It is something the whole family will always enjoy, and so easy!
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 -2 cup ham (deli meat is fine)
- 8 ounces pineapple, sliced (about 4 rings)
- 1 -2 roma tomato
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: I don't really measure the ingredients, just use to your discretion.
- Bake pie shell as directed.
- Put ham into a food processor and grind to bits. Transfer ham to baked pie shell.
- Cut pineapple rings into smaller squares (about into fourths).
- Wash and slice Roma tomato into 1/4" slices.
- Create a layer of pineapple and tomato slices over the ham; they can be cascaded around the top however you like.
- Sprinkle oregano and minced onion over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix Mozzarella cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl to develop a workable consistency.
- Spread over top of the baked filled pie.
- Return to oven. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. (It may take longer, or it may be quicker, depending on the thickness of the cheese layer and your oven.).