Recipe by Carrie Ann
This is a wonderful hot dish for those cool evenings in autumn.If you don't have ham on hand, chicken can be substituted with equally good results.
Top Review by Bonnie Young
Delicious! Made as directed with the exception of thyme instead of oregano and added a small chunk of cheddar cheese (I needed to use up) shredded. I like the fact it did not use canned soup which has so much sodium. I will be making again as I love any kind of pasta dish. We had just had a huge ham so needed some ideas to use the left overs and this really fit the bill! Thanks so much for posting Carrie.
- 414.03 ml broken spaghetti
- 78.07 ml butter
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced green pepper
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon mix
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 946.36 ml milk
- 1182.95 ml cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spagetti according to package directions; drain well.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Saute mushrooms and green pepper until tender and mushroom liquid has evapourated.
- Blend in flour, salt, bouillon mix and oregano.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add ham and cooked spagetti.
- Place in a greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.