Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful hot dish for those cool evenings in autumn.If you don't have ham on hand, chicken can be substituted with equally good results.
- 1 3⁄4 cups broken spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups milk
- 5 cups cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spagetti according to package directions; drain well.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Saute mushrooms and green pepper until tender and mushroom liquid has evapourated.
- Blend in flour, salt, bouillon mix and oregano.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
- Add ham and cooked spagetti.
- Place in a greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Delicious! Made as directed with the exception of thyme instead of oregano and added a small chunk of cheddar cheese (I needed to use up) shredded. I like the fact it did not use canned soup which has so much sodium. I will be making again as I love any kind of pasta dish. We had just had a huge ham so needed some ideas to use the left overs and this really fit the bill! Thanks so much for posting Carrie.
Good recipe. Family liked. Added a small container of Alfredo Sc. and cheddar on top. Will have again. Thanx for recipe!
I made this for dinner last night, the results were amazing!!! I did not add the green pepper DH cannot have those, I added 3 small stalks of celery a small jar of pimentos drained and a small onion chopped, otherwise followed the recipe as stated. WE LOVED THIS DISH!! I will most certainly make this over and over... Thanks for a wonderful recipe :-) it's a 10 in our book.