Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is rich and filling. I've tried so many tetrazzini recipes and this one so far is our favorite. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it! You may also substitute chicken or turkey in place of the ham.
- 73.94 ml butter
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 295.73 ml milk or 295.73 ml cream
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 226.79 g spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- 709.77 ml cooked ham, cubed
- 113.39 g chopped pimiento, drained
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml toasted breadcrumb
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute mushrooms and onions, until most of mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Add broth, and milk or cream, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts. Lower heat and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti noodles. Drain noodles and add sauce along with ham and pimentos.
- Spoon into greased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle with parmesan and bread crumbs. This freezes well.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.
This recipe was excellent! I just made a few of modifications to it though. I added low sodium broth since ham tends to be a bit salty anyway. I added 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic when sauteing the onions & mushrooms. I added 1 c. petite green peas when adding the sauce, ham & pimentos. And lastly, I didn't have any breadcrumbs in my pantry, so I cubed 4-5 slices of bread (heels/ends work best) and tossed with 1/2 stick melted butter and sprinkled over top with the parmesan cheese. I will definately make this again! Thanks Weeezer0421!
This was so yummy! I have tried many tetrazzini recipes over the years, and the sauce either comes out too thick or too thin. This is the perfect sauce! I added some chopped bell pepper to the saute mixture and some sliced black olives at the end - excellent! This is great for all your leftover ham, chicken or turkey - enjoy!
Thought it would be too cheesy? I was wrong. Always trying to find recipes for leftover ham. This was great. We do not like mushrooms so we added extra onions and garlic. Also did not use breadcrumbs or bake in the oven. Used cheddar and marble jack mix. Excellent. We will try many variations of this recipe.