This recipe is rich and filling. I've tried so many tetrazzini recipes and this one so far is our favorite. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it! You may also substitute chicken or turkey in place of the ham.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk or 1 1/4 cups cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumb
- 1Melt butter in a skillet. Saute mushrooms and onions, until most of mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- 2Blend in flour until smooth.
- 3Add broth, and milk or cream, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- 4Add cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts. Lower heat and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes.
- 5While sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti noodles. Drain noodles and add sauce along with ham and pimentos.
- 6Spoon into greased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle with parmesan and bread crumbs. This freezes well.
- 7Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.8
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 1223.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 34.8 g