Recipe by Weeezer0421
This recipe is rich and filling. I've tried so many tetrazzini recipes and this one so far is our favorite. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it! You may also substitute chicken or turkey in place of the ham.
Top Review by margie.dyer
This recipe was excellent! I just made a few of modifications to it though. I added low sodium broth since ham tends to be a bit salty anyway. I added 1 heaping tsp. minced garlic when sauteing the onions & mushrooms. I added 1 c. petite green peas when adding the sauce, ham & pimentos. And lastly, I didn't have any breadcrumbs in my pantry, so I cubed 4-5 slices of bread (heels/ends work best) and tossed with 1/2 stick melted butter and sprinkled over top with the parmesan cheese. I will definately make this again! Thanks Weeezer0421!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk or 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles, broken into thirds
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 4 ounces chopped pimiento, drained
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted breadcrumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet. Saute mushrooms and onions, until most of mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Add broth, and milk or cream, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts. Lower heat and simmer uncovered 10-15 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti noodles. Drain noodles and add sauce along with ham and pimentos.
- Spoon into greased 2 quart casserole and sprinkle with parmesan and bread crumbs. This freezes well.
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes.