Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My MIL hosted a Mother's Day tea for the ladies at the church she attends and served these delicious little biscuits. They can be topped with either the Blackberry Mustard, my personal favorite, or Lemon-Herb Butter. For the biscuits, she used Mary B's and you can also use thin slices of deli ham if you would like. The amount of ham I have listed is an estimate. The amount needed will depend on how much ham you want to fill the biscuits with. Recipe is from Southern Living.
- Bake the tea biscuits according to the directions on the package.
- Brown the ham in a hot skillet 1-2 minutes on each side. Cut into small pieces (about the size of the biscuits).
- Split the biscuits in half and fill with the hot ham.
- Place a small amount of either the Blackberry Mustard or Lemon-Herb Butter on top of the ham and replace the biscuit tops.
- Serve while still warm.
- Blackberry Mustard: Stir together the preserves and mustard. Yields about 2/3 cup.
- Lemon-Herb Butter: Combine all ingredients; mix well. Yields about 1/2 cup.