Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband and I came up with these one day when we had nothing but ham and tortillas in the fridge. These are easy and delicious and be be served with any toppings or sides you wish. Enjoy!
- 24 slices deli ham
- 12 tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Place tortillas in a zip lock bag and microwave for 30 seconds or until tortillas are soft and flexible.
- Take 2 slices of ham and place them on one tortilla.
- Roll tightly.
- Hold in place with toothpicks if desired.
- Place rolled taquitos in hot oil and fry until slightly browned and crispy.
- Drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- Place on serving plate and top with shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
Made these tonight for dinner and they were yummy -- and so quick to put together and fry! I think next time I'll put some of the cheese inside the taquito and use only 1 slice of ham in each one. Thanks, Gabesgirl, this was tasty and we enjoyed it!
Good, easy way to use up some leftovers. Used sharp cheddar to give it more bite and had drunken pinto beans on the side #181093. Will probably try again with a bit more tweaking and put cheese inside rather than garnishing with.