Recipe by Gabesgirl
My husband and I came up with these one day when we had nothing but ham and tortillas in the fridge. These are easy and delicious and be be served with any toppings or sides you wish. Enjoy!
Top Review by TasteTester
Made these tonight for dinner and they were yummy -- and so quick to put together and fry! I think next time I'll put some of the cheese inside the taquito and use only 1 slice of ham in each one. Thanks, Gabesgirl, this was tasty and we enjoyed it!
- 24 slices deli ham
- 12 tortillas
- oil (for frying)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium sized sauce pan.
- Place tortillas in a zip lock bag and microwave for 30 seconds or until tortillas are soft and flexible.
- Take 2 slices of ham and place them on one tortilla.
- Roll tightly.
- Hold in place with toothpicks if desired.
- Place rolled taquitos in hot oil and fry until slightly browned and crispy.
- Drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- Place on serving plate and top with shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.