Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dedicated to Pet"R"us, the idea come from her Sausage Pinwheels, a variation. Amazing what can be done with refrigerated crescent dinner rolls! Tasty appetizer and easy too.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces ham steaks, small diced
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, spreadable light type
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (I used no fat)
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce, your favourite
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface; pinch together perferations.
- Roll dough to about 12 x 12 inch square.
- Stir together the rest of the ingredients until well blended, taste and add more mustard and hot sauce if desired.
- Spread filling mixture over the rolled out dough, leaving half an inch clear on all sides. Roll dough with filling, jelly roll style, tucking in sides and sealing the end with a little water.
- Chill in frige for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into half inch slices, thicker if you wish. Place an inch apart on a veggie sprayed non stick baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Best served warm.
Okay, these are yummy! Kind of like a nice tangy ham salad roll. These were snapped up quickly at our meeting the other night. Lots of requests for this one. Thanks for keeping my rep as a good cook alive and well.
a great and easy appetizer.....thanks!