Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy; good way to use up leftover ham.
- 8 ounces medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- breadcrumbs (Optional)
- In a greased 13x9 dish, layer 1/3 of noodles, ham and swiss.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, peppers, onions and sour cream and spread on the layer in the casserole dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with bread crumbs or extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes.
Good recipe- something different! I thought it was a bit rich, I think it was the cream of celery soup, next time might use less, maybe add more sour cream instead...but other than that- it was great and very easy!
We really liked this one. I've never used ham in a casserole until I made this. It was a nice change of pace. I did use 8 oz of sour cream along with the soup. It turned out good.
I was going to post this as one of my own and I suspected it might already be here and of course it is. We really like this. Clint calls it a "fun" food. It is kind of a fancy macaroni and cheese with ham. I really like how the sour cream/cream of celery soup "mellow" out the swiss cheese as swiss can be a little bitter.