Recipe by KrisP
Great use for left-over ham.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This was OK, but we didn't think the yellow squash went well with the rest of the dish. We like yellow squash...just not so much in this recipe. It's definitely a great recipe for using leftover ham. I do think I will give this recipe another chance and prehaps use another vegetable instead of the yellow squash, because I think this recipe has potential.....especially since I frequently have leftover ham.
- 1 lb diced cooked ham
- 3 -4 small yellow squash
- 2 diced onions
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 -8 ounces crumbled gorgonzola
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 ounces fresh, grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bagmedium egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook egg noodles, following instructions on bag.
- Preheat large frying pan over high heat, drizzle olive oil in pan.
- Add diced onions, cook and stir 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add yellow squash, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add diced ham, cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle basil and pepper on mixture, stir to mix.
- Add gorgonzola, half-and-half, milk and parmesan cheese to mixture.
- Lower heat and stir until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.
- Serve egg noodles on plates and spoon mixture over top.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.