Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had so much ham left over after Easter dinner and came up with this recipe. It turned out excelent and my husband and son really loved it.
- cooked ham slices (enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish)
- 3 cups packaged dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup cooked corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I used a mixture of Colby and Monterey Jack)
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and add about 2 tbsp.
- butter and saute onion and celery till almost tender.
- In large bowl add the corn bread stuffing mix, the two cans of soup (undiluted), mushrooms with liquid, corn and the onion and celery mixture; mix thorougly.
- Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with cooking spray and put enough ham to cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the ham.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture over the ham and cheese spreading the mixture evenly.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 30 minutes.
This was pretty good, except it was extremely SALTY! The stuffing, soups, and cheese add a lot of salt. Perhaps using low sodium condensed soups would help the saltiness... I liked the idea though, and the mixture of flavours! I didn't add the mushrooms, so I added a little of the juice from the corn.