Recipe by Denise in NH
I had so much ham left over after Easter dinner and came up with this recipe. It turned out excelent and my husband and son really loved it.
Top Review by mich26
This was pretty good, except it was extremely SALTY! The stuffing, soups, and cheese add a lot of salt. Perhaps using low sodium condensed soups would help the saltiness... I liked the idea though, and the mixture of flavours! I didn't add the mushrooms, so I added a little of the juice from the corn.
- cooked ham slices (enough to cover the bottom of a 13x9 casserole dish)
- 3 cups packaged dry cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 cup cooked corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped fine
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (I used a mixture of Colby and Monterey Jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and add about 2 tbsp.
- butter and saute onion and celery till almost tender.
- In large bowl add the corn bread stuffing mix, the two cans of soup (undiluted), mushrooms with liquid, corn and the onion and celery mixture; mix thorougly.
- Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with cooking spray and put enough ham to cover the bottom.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the ham.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture over the ham and cheese spreading the mixture evenly.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 30 minutes.