Recipe by islandgirl77551
This is an appetizer recipe that came out of a Better Homes and Gardens Italian cook book I've had since I was in high school.
- 24 whole mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Chop stems and saute with onions in 1 tbs. butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in ham and parmesan and set aside.
- In small sauce pan, melt 1 tbs. butter, stir in flour and salt and add milk.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and stir in ham mixture.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Place mushrooms in greased shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8-12 minutes.