This has been part of my OAMC rotation for a long time. This recipe easily doubles or triples. Make one now and one for later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 manicotti pasta shells
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook manicotti as directed.
- 2Drain, rinse in cool water and set aside.
- 3Cook onion, garlic, and green bell pepper in olive oil until tender.
- 4Add ham and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 6Now melt 6 tablespoons of butter.
- 7Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles.
- 8Add milk and pepper.
- 9Cook, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- 10Stir in swiss and remaining parmesan cheese.
- 11Mix 1/4 of cheese sauce with ham mixture.
- 12Fill manicotti shells with ham mixture.
- 13Spread about 1/2 cup cheese sauce in greased 13x9" glass baking dish and arrange filled shells over sauce.
- 14If there is any leftover stuffing, just sprinkle it over the filled shells.
- 15Pour remaining cheese sauce over filled manicotti.
- 16At this point the casserole can be cooled in the refrigerator, then wrapped and frozen up to 3 months.
- 17To thaw and reheat:.
- 18Thaw casserole overnight in refrigerator, then uncover, sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- 19If not freezing casserole, sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Stuffed Manicotti OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 333.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: