Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this somewhere online a long time ago. Sounds good.
- 14 manicotti
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Cook manicotti as directed on package.
- Drain, rinse in cool water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook onion and garlic in 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- until tender.
- Add ham and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cook green pepper in 6 tablespoons butter or olive oil until
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cheese.
- Mix 1/4 of cheese sauce with ham mixture.
- Fill manicotti shells with ham mixture.
- Place in greased 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour remaining cheese sauce over filled manicotti.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until bubbly.