Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a great little dish. You can double it, triple it, or whatever. Great for potlucks or a tasty dish.
Top Review by barbwire445
I don't cook much anymore, but had green peppers and frozen ham in the fridge - and a can of corn - looked for stuffed peppers recipes - this one is just delicious, surprisingly so. Low calorie and so easy! no browning hamburger, no tomatoes (boring!). Will make it again!
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped ham
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops of green peppers; remove seeds. Cook peppers 5 minutes in boiling salted water to cover; drain and set aside.
- Combine the next 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Fill peppers with the ham mixture. Place in an 8-inch square baking dish and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Place a slice of cheese on each pepper and bake 15 minutes more.