Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chayote is a vegetable with a very delicate and subtle sweet flavor.
- 3 unpeeled cooked chayotes
- 2 tablespoons fineliy diced onions
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 slice thick ham, cubed (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cooked chayotes in half lengthwise.
- Spoon out the pulp and keep the concave peel for later stuffing.
- Sautee onion in cooking oil.
- Add the cyaote pulp, the ham and the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the chayote halves and add one slivered butter square on top.
- Bake on medium oven temperature (330 to 350°) for 15 minutes.