One ham steak, one green pepper, some potatoes, onions, if desired, and large tortillas. A quick easy meal or make ahead and heat. You can serve with a white sauce over the rollups if desired.
- 1 large ham steak, sliced in 1-inch x 6-inch strips, remove fat
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, cut in thin strips
- 6 potatoes, peeled, shredded or 16 ounces hash browns
- 1 small white onion, diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups lime garlic salsa (optional)
- 8 large corn tortillas
- In large frying pan, heat 1 tblsp oil, add the ham strips, brown slightly. Make sure you "stir fry". Lift out on paper towel covered plate.
- Heat 1 tblsp. oil, add green pepper and onion strips, stir fry until pepper is tender but still a little crisp, onions translucent. Lift out on another paper towel covered platter.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil, add hashbrowns and brown.
- Turn over a few times so they are tender inside but crisp on the outside.
- Lift out on a paper towel covered platter.
- Sprinkle the seasonings evenly over the pepper onion stir fry and the hashbrowns.
- Wrap the tortillas in a large dish towel.
- Warm them in microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Place ham strips, then potatoes, then peppers and onions in tortilla, Add a dollup of sour cream and or lime garlic salsa, roll up. You can roll up and each person can add their sour cream or salsa also. Do this procedure 8 times.
- Refrigerate and heat covered in the microwave or serve immediately.
- Serve with sliced avocados.