Saw this on Rachel Ray and had to try it. Great way to use up leftover ham. Broccoli can be swapped out for the asparagus, which is what I will use the next time I make it! Looks beautiful coming out of the oven too. Ingredient measurements are approximate as it depends on the size of your pan/tastes etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray your pyrex roasting pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Tear your leftover crusty bread into chunks and layer on bottom of your pan.
- 3Saute your thinly sliced onion in butter until translucent (we actually like it carmelized).
- 4trim the woody ends off the asparagus.
- 5Pour about a 1/2 inch of water into a large frying pan and bring to a simmer then toss your asparagus into the tub with some salt and simmer about 5 minutes or until tender but not falling apart mush.
- 6Crack eggs into a large bowl and add a splash of milk and wisk away.
- 7spread the onions, asparagus and ham over the bread chunks
- 8Pour egg mixture all over, mixing up more eggs if necessary
- 9Add a pinch of salt and pepper then stick your hands in it and toss everything around till soaked through in eggs.
- 10Top with shredded Gruyere (and be generous here).
- 11Pop in oven for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Strata
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.6 mg
- Sodium 480.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.7 g