Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saw this on Rachel Ray and had to try it. Great way to use up leftover ham. Broccoli can be swapped out for the asparagus, which is what I will use the next time I make it! Looks beautiful coming out of the oven too. Ingredient measurements are approximate as it depends on the size of your pan/tastes etc.
- Spray your pyrex roasting pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350*.
- Tear your leftover crusty bread into chunks and layer on bottom of your pan.
- Saute your thinly sliced onion in butter until translucent (we actually like it carmelized).
- trim the woody ends off the asparagus.
- Pour about a 1/2 inch of water into a large frying pan and bring to a simmer then toss your asparagus into the tub with some salt and simmer about 5 minutes or until tender but not falling apart mush.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and add a splash of milk and wisk away.
- spread the onions, asparagus and ham over the bread chunks
- Pour egg mixture all over, mixing up more eggs if necessary
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper then stick your hands in it and toss everything around till soaked through in eggs.
- Top with shredded Gruyere (and be generous here).
- Pop in oven for approximately 30-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.